- 30 mil (2 tbsp.) oil
- 2 shredded onions
- 3 celery stalks, minced
- 1 cubic decimeter (4 cups) broth
- 1 cubic decimeter (4 cups) milk
- 1 preserved ham, 375 g (3/4 pound.)
- 1 leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- Salt / pepper to style
- 375 mil (1 1/2 cups) diced potatoes
- 250 mil (1 cup) diced sweet potatoes
- 250 mil (1 cup) corn kernels, contemporary or frozen
Step1: in an exceedingly cooking pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
Step2: Sauté the onions with the celery.
Step3: Pour in broth and milk.
Step4: Add ham, herbs and seasoning. bring round a boil.
Step5: cowl and simmer for half-hour over low heat.
Step6: Add remaining ingredients.
Step7: Cook till the vegetables area unit tender and also the flesh of the ham separates simply.
Step8: take away the ham from the pan and let it cool.
Step9: Cut it into skinny strips and add it to the soup.